Thought to be lost to the ages, I discovered these while going through old Hi tapes. Matt and I used to carry a Hi8 camcorder to events so who knows what else might turn up. Today’s installment:
- FPAW 2002 Co-Op Winners: Ted Oberhaus, Erwin Velasquez, and Randy Silvey perform the infamous rubber band routine.
- FPAW 2002 Mixed Pairs Winners: Cindy Saint Marry and Paul Kenny. This is Cindy’s first Mixed Pairs win and Paul’s first FPAW win.
The Associazione Italiana Frisbee (AIF) is hosting the Torneo Freestyle Frisbee and, thanks to Martino Mandragora, the event will be live streamed right here on FrisbeeGuru. The event takes place in Milan, Italy on Sept 22 & 23. On the roster is a mix of highly capable, well known players and some closet jammers who are bound to impress. Competition includes Open and Mixed pairs. In addition, the AIF will be honoring Valentino De Chiara, the founder of the AIF and new inductee to the Freestyle Frisbee Hall of Fame. Check out the promo video on facebook. For more info, check the event facebook page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Pavel Baranyk – Ryan Young – Dave Schiller
Emma Kahle – Lisa Hunrichs
Matt Gauthier – Lisa Hunrichs
Open Pairs Champions
James Wiseman – Ryan Young
FPAW 2018 Results are here
FPAW 2018 Routines are here
Special thanks to Patron Jay Moldenhauer: he’s made an offer that for every person who becomes a Patron by Sept. 8, 2018, he will donate an extra $50. Become a patron today.
Video Playlists below. Results here.
1. Ilka Simon, Anna Merlo
2. Jessica S., Silvina Porsch
3. Juliana Korver, Lori Daniels
4. Char Powell, Elena Dalmasso
1. Jakub Kostel, Ryan Young
2. James Wiseman, Pavel Baranyk
3. Ayal Benin, Daniel O’neill
4. Andrea Rimatori, Tom Leitner
5. Yuval Reikoren, Daniel Pinchasov
6. Andrea Festi, Mattia Colombari
7. Harald S., Thomas Nötzel
8. Edoardo Turri, Benjamin Edelmann
1. Jakub Kostel, Ilka Simon
2. Lori Daniels, James Wiseman
3. Andrea Rimatori, Char Powell
4. Silvina Porsch, Pablo Andres mosquer
5. Juliana Korver, Daniel O’neill
6. Anna Merlo, Andrea Festi
1. Ryan Young, James Wiseman, Pavel Baranyk
2. Jakub Kostel, Paul Kenny, Freddy Finner
3. Harald S., Daniel O’neill, Randy Silvey
4. Kuba Radwanski, Mateusz Gajewski, Toby Künzel
5. Thomas Nötzel, Ayal Benin, Fabian Dinklage
6. Fabrizio “Nino” Nicco, Pablo Andres mosquer, Jan Soerensen
This year, the Freestyle Players Association World Championships (FPAW 2018) will take place in Trnava, Slovakia on August 1 – 4 and will be a part of a larger flying disc event called the Trnava Frisbee Games. You can tune in and watch FPAW 2018 here and check our blog for results.
FPAW is the premier freestyle Frisbee event and always showcases the best talent in the sport. Teams practice for months, mastering routine choreography and honing their skills in order to make their bid to be crowned world champions. With 7 of the top 10 ranked players registered, 2018 will be another stellar event. You don’t want to miss it.
Trnava Frisbee Games will also include Disc Dog, Ultimate, and Disc Golf. Much of this action will be available on a second stream.
Here are some links to get you fired up.
The European Freestyle Open (EFO) 2018 will be live streamed. The event takes place on July 26-29 in Berlin, Germany, only one week before FPA Worlds. This will allow many players to attend both events, giving the opportunity for a pre-view of many of the FPAW teams. With 55 players already registered, it is sure to be an amazing event.
EFO will include Open Pairs, Mixed Pairs, Women’s Pairs, and Co-Op divisions using the official FPA competition format. Ryan Young and his bag of tablets will act as head judge.
For the stream, Mystiq and I will be working together to bring you the action. Randy and I are also planning to provide commentary for much of the event. All this should lead to an incredible show that you won’t want to miss.
Thanks so much to the EFO team for hosting the event and for al their support!
You can watch it here.
Find out more on the EFO site and on EFO facebook event.