In this video Matt shows us the basic equipment needed for Freestyle Frisbee. This is really the video version of one of the oldest articles on this site. This video is perfect for someone who want to get started with Freestyle but doesn’t have a friend to show them the ropes. Nice job Matt!
Here’s his list:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, FrisbeeGuru receives a small commission if you use the link and make a purchase. This helps support our mission.
- A disc with a smooth bottom. Many discs have raised lettering, which is bad for the nail delay. Most Freestyler prefer the Discraft Sky-Styler. Purchase here.
- Slick in the form of silicon spray or grease. This is used to make the disc’s plastic less sticky. Purchase here.
- A slick rag. This is used to wipe down and spread out excess slick. Find one in your sock drawer.
- Fake Nails. These provide a stronger surface on which to nail delay the disc. Purchase here.
- Super glue. This is how the fake nails are attached to your natural nail. Purchase some popular brands: Krazy Glue and Uhu.
- An alternative to glue is double sided tape. Check here for more details.