Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We got a chance to talk with Deaton Mitchell. He and Jim Schmal (now Jim Benson) won 4 consecutive FPAW pairs titles; 1983-86. Deaton talks about his trajectory through Freestyle Frisbee and how it changed his life.
- A trip to the Louisiana State University Parade Grounds changed how Deaton Mitchell thought about frisbee.
- His Parents, using S&H green stamps (you’ll remember those if you are Randy’s age) purchased him a world class frisbee set.
- Furniture polish is mediocre slick.
- Deaton explains how met the people who eventually become his best friends for life.
- Why did Jim change his name?
- Why do the Ultimate players hate Deaton?
- Deaton and Jim team up through a little bit of chance.
- The Bayou Blasters choose to play with a Whamo instead of the Skystlyer.
- The Bayou Blasters: Deaton Mitchell, Jim Benson, Darryl Allen, Jeff (Getty) Freeman, and Pat Carrasco.
Here are three of Jim and Deaton’s 4 wins:
Pingback: History: 1983 -1997; Continued Growth - FrisbeeGuru